Toasted Brioche with Lemon-Whipped Ricotta and Berries
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 8 min
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and/or blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, if desired
- ½ cup Dean’s Dairy heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 8 slices brioche bread
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- To make fruit, grate lemon peel; set aside. Juice lemon. In medium bowl toss together berries, sugar, lemon juice and orange liqueur, if desired. Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make topping, in small mixer bowl beat whipping cream at medium high speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form. In small bowl stir together ricotta cheese and lemon peel. Fold into whipped cream; set aside.
- To make brioche, heat griddle or skillet over medium low heat. Butter both sides of each slice of brioche; place on griddle. Cook until golden brown (about 1 minute). Turn; continue cooking about 1 minute or until lightly browned. Serve immediately topped with berries and topping.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.