Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 1 hr
- Chicken bones and skin from homemade roasted chicken or purchased rotisserie chicken
- 2 carrots, cut in half
- 2 stalks celery, cut in half
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 8 cups water
- 4 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Dean’s Dairy heavy whipping cream
- Place chicken bones and skin in 8-quart pot; add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Add water. Cook over high heat until water comes to a boil; reduce heat to low. Continue simmering for 1 hour. Carefully strain, reserving chicken broth.
- Add broth back to pot. Cook over high heat until broth comes to a boil; add noodles, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Continue cooking for 2 minutes less that noodles’ package directions. Reduce heat to low; stir in whipping cream. Continue cooking until thickened; serve immediately.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.